Revert Version Control Repository

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DataDoctor
Premium Member
Premium Member

Revert Version Control Repository

Post by DataDoctor »

When we migrated to DSEE 7.5.2 and I was setting up the projects I mistakenly made one of our deveopment projects a version repository. I want to revert it back and wondering if all I need to do is remove the APM tables from that project and will that break or negatively affect the project.
besides the following what else needs to be cleaned up?
APM.BATCH
APM.BATCH.MEMBERS
APM.VERSION
APM.VERSION.REF
APM_BP
I'm going to take an import of everything just in case I hose it up, maybe it is just simpler to delete and recreate the project using the same project name.

I did a search for similar question but found nothing in regards to reverting a repository, apologies if I missed it somewhere.
Larz
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There really isn't any burning need to revert it back is there, as noted all that accessing a project via VC does is add those APM hashed files to the project directory. It's is still also a 'regular' repository you could continue to use like normal.

Nothing else is changed as far as I know, so yes you should be able to simply remove them from the account from a TCL prompt if so desired:

Code: Select all

DELETE.FILE APM_HASHED_FILE_NAME
Did you actually initialize any jobs into the project or just connect to it once?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DataDoctor
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DataDoctor »

Thanx for your reply! Yes, there were some modules intialized into this project by the change control folks which is mostly why I want to revert it from a version repository. That way if they ever accidentally log on to this server again when first signing into VC at least the message "This project is not set up as a version repository, would you like to set it up now" would be an indicator to them that they need to change the server they are logging into.

Thanx again Craig!