Rebooting the server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kennyapril
Participant

Rebooting the server

Post by kennyapril »

The information server is in the unix server.
Due to some network problems in the server,the server was rebooted.

Is there any way to find out whether the information server is back up again in the unix server or not?
I mean to say when the server is up again how can I find out whether all the information server components are up again?

please let me know?
Regards,
Kenny
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you connect to the server?

If you can ping the server, then the server is back up, but not necessarily all the required components.

To find out if the WebSphere Application Server is up, there is a command serverStatus.sh that can be executed. You need to know the name of the default profile server, usually server1, and give this as the command line argument.

There are various ways to determine whether the node agent and logging agent are up, the most common is to use netstat and filter (grep) for the port number that they use (which will have been set by whoever installed Information Server). You could also list the processes (ps -ef command) and grep for "agent".

DataStage is up when dsrpcd is running. List all processes and grep for dsrpcd (optional reverse grep for "grep")

Code: Select all

ps -ef | grep dsrpcd | grep -v grep
Note: all of the above commands other than ping are run on the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.