Job Sequence Fails to Restart at Point of Failure

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Job Sequence Fails to Restart at Point of Failure

Post by kris007 »

Seyed wrote: Job Activity #1
Check Pointed

Job Activity #2
Check Pointed

Job Activity #3
Check Pointed
Seyed
Are you selecting "Do not checkpoint run" option within the Job Activity Stage? If so, uncheck it.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Seyed wrote: From what you are saying, the status in the end was not 'Aborted'. How do I go about fixing the job sequence to have an 'Aborted' status when a job in the sequence aborts?
Seyed
You will need to select "Automatically Handle activities that fail" with in the Job Properties of the Job sequence or Use an Exception handler in the job sequencer with its output link to the Terminator Stage or Both.
Kris

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The Sequence must abort for the checkpointing to work and you'll find it in an Aborted/Restartable status in that case. You can leverage the Terminator stage for this, amongst other things.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Seyed
Participant

Re: Job Sequence Fails to Restart at Point of Failure

Post by Seyed »

kris007 wrote:
Seyed wrote: Job Activity #1
Check Pointed

Job Activity #2
Check Pointed

Job Activity #3
Check Pointed
Seyed
Are you selecting "Do not checkpoint run" option within the Job Activity Stage? If so, uncheck it.
Kris,
I just double checked and verified that for all three activities, the 'Do not checkpoint run' check boxes were unchecked.

Thank you,

Seyed
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

What about the other suggestions in my later post and from Craig's post?
Kris

Seyed
Participant

Post by Seyed »

kris007 wrote:
Seyed wrote: From what you are saying, the status in the end was not 'Aborted'. How do I go about fixing the job sequence to have an 'Aborted' status when a job in the sequence aborts?
Seyed
You will need to select "Automatically Handle activities that fail" with in the Job Properties of the Job sequence or Use an Exception handler in the job sequencer with its output link to the Terminator Stage or Both.
Kris,
Thank you for the information. I made this change and recompiled the job sequence and ran it again, it didn't make any difference. Reading your posts and also Craig's, I realized that this job sequence doesn't have a 'Terminator Activity'. How important is it to have a 'Terminator Activity'?

Thanks again,

Seyed
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What's important is that it aborts and the Terminator is one way to make that happen.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers