Job Locks

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

developeretl
Participant

Job Locks

Post by developeretl »

Hi,
Iam having trouble with the locks. My job is getting locked if i leave it for some time. Then i need to wait for some time. Is there any way to release the job from lock.... if so can you please guide me with the steps.
mayur25
Participant

Re: Job Locks

Post by mayur25 »

developeretl wrote:Hi,
Iam having trouble with the locks. My job is getting locked if i leave it for some time. Then i need to wait for some time. Is there any way to release the job from lock.... if so can you please guide me with the steps.
Login to Datasatage Administrator
Go to Properties ->go to command
type LIST.READU
You will find the PID(inode) along with job name in tabular format.Find the job which is locked
then type
UNLOCK INODE (Inode no xxxxxx) ALL

Other Option.
Go to Director Tools then click Clear the Job Resources optionthere u note the PID Number 1.Go to Administrator 2.Properties3.Command 4.type ds.tools5. u will get options6.select 4th option6.select the 6th option7.Then enter the PID Number
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In version 8 the better mechanism is to disconnect the session using Web Console for Information Server. When you open the job you get a dialog showing the owner of the lock. That's the session ID that you need to disconnect.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mayur25
Participant

Post by mayur25 »

ray.wurlod wrote:In version 8 the better mechanism is to disconnect the session using Web Console for Information Server. When you open the job you get a dialog showing the owner of the lock. That's the session ID that you need to disconnect.
Thanks Ray !!

Some time i have seen that if your job is locked by ABC user and using Admin ID if i login to Web Console i don;t find User ID ABC's session ID in console. Well in this case You have to Unlock From Admin Command prompt or from Xmeta Database.