Abort the Job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vasubabu
Participant

Abort the Job

Post by vasubabu »

Hi,

How to abort the main batch sequence based on one value which will be given by one job.This job is in the subordinate sequence of the main sequence.
If anybody is having the idea please suggest.
VASU..
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Abort the Job

Post by kris007 »

What is that one value the subordinate job would pass? We need more details. You can use Terminator activity, Exception handler based upon your exact requirement.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
vasubabu
Participant

Re: Abort the Job

Post by vasubabu »

kris007 wrote:What is that one value the subordinate job would pass? We need more details. You can use Terminator activity, Exception handler based upon your exact requirement.

We are checking the Source and target count.If count missmatches we are creating one indicator. Based on the indicator (If it is 'Y') we need to abort the main batch sequence.
Please suggest.
If i use the terminate activity I can not specify the sequence which has to be aborted.
Please correct me if i am wrong.
VASU..
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Where is the indicator being created. Is it created in a job and written to a file? You will have to design your job/Job Sequence such a way that when the indicator is "Y" it sends a signal to the Terminator Activity stage which will then abort your subordinate Job Sequence and the Master Job Sequence provided you have checked the options within the job properties of the Master Sequence.

Hope that helps.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Very nice post from Ray on how to do this...

viewtopic.php?t=134530

Try using search - there are tons of other suggestions already in the forums on this topic!
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020