Unable to Open Sequential File Stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vishalsongra
Participant

Unable to Open Sequential File Stage

Post by vishalsongra »

Hi all,

I am facing a weird issue in DataStage Client. It allows me to open a job in parallel canvas, where I am able to open all stages EXCEPT SEQUENTIAL FILE STAGE.

The moment I double clicked the Sequential file stage, the DS client session gets hanged and then session needs to be killed via Task Manager.

I was able to do so before and suddenly it stop working. I tried on different PC and its working fine (with my login ID) except on my machine.

Following option have been tried, but no success till now.

1. Restart the DataStage Client
2. Closed all other applications, to free some RAM
3. Re-installed DS client (uninstalled from control panel)

Please suggest if anybody has experienced the same problem before and what could be the resolution? (except changing my PC  )
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Unable to Open Sequential File Stage

Post by ray.wurlod »

vishalsongra wrote:I was able to do so before and suddenly it stop working.
What has changed?

Are you able to reverse that change?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would repeat #3 but this time do a complete uninstall as noted here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
creatingfusion
Participant

Post by creatingfusion »

check the DNS name in the network setting if the project you are connecting is in server with a designated dns configuration

suppose you have yours server at ABC@xyz.com

check if the domain name xyz.com is added in the network setting DNS names
if not add it else while you login to datastage put the full DNS name like ABC@xyz.com.
try to ping the server as
ping ABC@xyz.com
and also try
ping ABC
both should get commected.

Hope that helps...
Abhijit
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

What do you mean by "DS client session gets hanged"? When you open the stage window, does the client window go haywire and gets itself "frozen" (white or inexplicable screens) or are you still able to see the job design, except that the client window is not highlighted (it will get minimized and stuff, and when retrieved back, you again see the unhighlighted window)?

For the latter, the problem might be that the stage window is opening in "Extended monitor". If you had two monitors before and not having them now or even sometimes by default, the stage window gets opened in the "Extended desktop" (second monitor). If this is the case, simply move (Alt + Space - m) the window to the main screen.

If it is the former, then try the approaches others have suggested, and I am afraid I don't have an answer for you :(

Hope this helps...
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
vishalsongra
Participant

Post by vishalsongra »

vivekgadwal wrote:What do you mean by "DS client session gets hanged"? When you open the stage window, does the client window go haywire and gets itself "frozen" (white or inexplicable screens) or are you still able to see the job design, except that the client window is not highlighted (it will get minimized and stuff, and when retrieved back, you again see the unhighlighted window)?

For the latter, the problem might be that the stage window is opening in "Extended monitor". If you had two monitors before and not having them now or even sometimes by default, the stage window gets opened in the "Extended desktop" (second monitor). If this is the case, simply move (Alt + Space - m) the window to the main screen.

If it is the former, then try the approaches others have suggested, and I am afraid I don't have an answer for you :(

Hope this helps...

Thanks Vivek, issue is resolved by moving the window to the main screen (Alt + Space - m). Not sure how the setting got changed, since I never used second monitor.

Thank you all.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

Glad this helped :D

My theory is, may be your shop has a setting that enables dual monitors and DataStage somehow is taking this as the presence of another monitor and is outputting the window to that. It is weird, but it happens.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted