MSXML Parser 4.0

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

MSXML Parser 4.0

Post by ray.wurlod »

When trying to use the Import/Export Manager I get the error "MSXML Parser 4.0 is not available". This is followed by "ERROR: DAPIGUIWrp::runDecoder() failed. Can't run decoder."

Is MSXML Parser supposed to install with Foundation Tools, or does it have to be downloaded separately?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

MSXML 4.0 is almost 7 years old. I recalled that I downloaded MSXML 6.0 SP2 separately in order to fix the error.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Well I still don't know whether it's supposed to have been installed with Information Server, but MSXML 4.0 sp2 is still downloadable from Microsoft. So I did that, and Import/Export Manager seems to be doing its thing now.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wernerg_at
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wernerg_at »

You need to install MSXML 4.0 SP2 if you want to use the repository import/export functions over meta brokers and bridges.

as far as i know it does not work with msxml6

for details see:
System requirements for MetaBrokers and bridges, Versions 8.1 and 8.1.2
Pasted from <http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg27012945>

Before you import or export, you must install Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.0 Service Pack 2 on the same computer where you installed MetaBrokers and bridges. You can download MSXML 4.0 from www.microsoft.com.

BR
Werner
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Danke.

I discovered that, but wonder why IBM does not ship it with IIS.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

HI Ray...

Curious, as I've never seen this error.......did it matter what bridge you were trying to use?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
wernerg_at
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wernerg_at »

ray.wurlod wrote:Danke.

I discovered that, but wonder why IBM does not ship it with IIS.
Bitte :)

I think IBM treats it like a usual operation system prerequisite and it follows the same pattern like the .net, c/c++ compiler, unix/linux package ... prerequisites. Another reason might be that microsoft does not provide a redistributable version with an appropriate license. Since I made the same experience as you concerning errors with msxml 6. I put the msxml 4 installation on my client installation checklist.

The good news is: MSXML supports side-by-side installations and the various versions can coexist:

Installing and Redistributing MSXML
Pasted from <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... S.85).aspx>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

eostic wrote:HI Ray...

Curious, as I've never seen this error.......did it matter what bridge you were trying to use?

Ernie
I don't believe so - I tried three. But this was a brand new installation of Windows Server 2003 with NOTHING else - no Office, no nothing.

Downloading MSXML Parser 4.0 solved the problem, and I shall deduce from Werner's post that IBM does not distribute it.

Once it had been downloaded, the Import/Export manager was happy.