dsjob command

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthilt1
Participant

dsjob command

Post by senthilt1 »

HI All,

How to execute a datastage job by folder wise using unix shell script(dsjob)?

Eg., I want to run all the datastage jobs only under a particular folder Jobs/Customer(folder) for a project.

Is it possible?

Also how to find the total no of records passed on to the target Dataset or table thro unix shell script(dsjob)?

Please let me know. Thanks in Advance.

Senthil Kumar P

-
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not obvious but possible. You first need a query to determine which jobs are in a particular folder, then construct a looping script based on this list to run the jobs. If you already have the list of jobs, then the list can be hard coded.

Row counts can be had from the -stageinfo option of dsjob, if I recall correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Thanks Ray for the info.

Using the Stage info i could get the row count details. Stage info for the Dataset stages are not working. In my job i have more than one target dataset, if so how should i know the record count of my Target dataset.

At least i want to get the record count of all the datsets(source or target) used in a job.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Senthil P
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Submit an enhancement request to get the stageinfo functionality to work with Data Set stage. Currently is doesn't, which most regard as a bug or at least a deficiency. Hey, it may already be fixed - check on Fix Central.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.