[IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0182W Fractional truncation. SQLSTATE

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satyasur
Participant

Post by satyasur »

Hello all,

I am facing the following issue with one of my jobs:

In the job there ia a column which is generated by multiplication of an integer coulmn(int 10) and a decimal (decimal 13)column in the source sql. The result is stored in an integer (int 10) column via a transformer.
( i have checked the database for the lengths and they match the lengths taken in the etl job)

integer*decimal -----> integer

i suspect this is causing the error.

what is the best way to handle this situation?

any pointers?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If your target column is an integer then, as you suspected, the real number passed to it gets truncated. If you cannot make the target field contain decimals then I would explicitly perform the real -> integer conversion in DataStage and avoid the error. You can either round or truncate.
Last edited by ArndW on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
satyasur
Participant

Post by satyasur »

ArndW wrote:If you target column is an integer then, as you suspected, the real number passed to it gets truncated. If you cannot make the target field contain decimals then I would explicitly perform the real -& ...
hmmmm not being a premium member hurts :(

lost the crux. :cry:
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The important part is visible. Perform an explicit truncation or rounding if you wish to get rid of the warning, or write to a column that supports decimals.
satyasur
Participant

Post by satyasur »

ArndW wrote:The important part is visible. Perform an explicit truncation or rounding if you wish to get rid of the warning, or write to a column that supports decimals.
Thank you for the pointer :)
will try it.