Sorting not working

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagenewbie
Participant

Sorting not working

Post by datastagenewbie »

I have a job that transforms data and assigns a serial number to it.
At the end I want all the data to be sorted based on the serial number, but I dont want the see the serial number. DAtaStage works well if the serial number is pulled from the Sorter stage to the Output SF stage, but the data is not sorted if the serial number is not pulled into the Output. Please advise.
chowdhury99
Participant

Re: Sorting not working

Post by chowdhury99 »

Use copy stage and pass all columns but serial number. Thanks.
datastagenewbie wrote:I have a job that transforms data and assigns a serial number to it.
At the end I want all the data to be sorted based on the serial number, but I dont want the see the serial number. DAtaStage works well if the serial number is pulled from the Sorter stage to the Output SF stage, but the data is not sorted if the serial number is not pulled into the Output. Please advise.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

After the sort. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
datastagenewbie
Participant

I am going to try it. I tried, transformer, but that did not work.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A correctly-programmed Transformer stage (after the Sort stage) WILL work to drop a column.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datastagenewbie
Participant

[quote="ray.wurlod"]A correctly-programmed Transformer stage (after the Sort stage) WILL work to drop a column. ...[/quote]
hmm. I used the transformer to just drop the column. It didnot have anything else in it. Do u think something needs to be added in the transformer?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have no idea what U (one of our members) thinks, but nothing needs to be added. Maybe something (RCP perhaps) needs to be removed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Perhaps you have RCP enabled on the transform stage output, thus implicitly passing the column on.
datastagenewbie
Participant

[quote="ArndW"]Perhaps you have RCP enabled on the transform stage output, thus implicitly passing the column on. ...[/quote]

I used the Copy Stage and unchecked RCP. ANd it's working. Thanks for all ur help!