Job not showing in Designer !!!!

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sivatkv
Participant

Job not showing in Designer !!!!

Post by Sivatkv »

Hi,

We are facing with a weird problem in Datastage 8.1.

We tried to delete a job but was not successful encountering with the error "Unable to delete the job". We tried several times and left as it was as we are unable to do so.

Later on, we found that the particular job was missing from Designer and to our surprise it is showing in Director. We also tried reimporting the same job but were not successful facing the error "A job with the same name is already present".

We even verified for the resource locks if any existing on this job, but couldn't find any such.

Could any one please help us in this regard?
Regards,
Siva
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You really need to work with your official support vendor for this. The 8.x release complicated situations like this by storing that kind of information in two places and while we could possibly help with any synchronization issues with the legacy repository, the addition of XMETA and what may or may not need to be done there as well takes things out of our hands, I'm afraid.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

HOW did you try to delete the job?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sivatkv
Participant

Post by Sivatkv »

In Designer, right click on the job and delete
Regards,
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Was the job open in Director at the time? Or in someone else's Designer or Director? Do you bother to check these things before deleting?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sivatkv
Participant

Post by Sivatkv »

Yes, we confirmed that the job was not opened in the Director.

Also, we do a check that the particular job is not openend in any other else's machine.
Regards,
Siva
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi,

I think when deleting there is a problem.

So i have a solution please try it.

Close all the DS operations stop the DS engine and start again. Then the all projects will get refreshed and the job you are mentioning will be deleted properly.

Try it and let me know the result.
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

If you have a full project backup, you may want to consider abandoning this project and creating a new one. I realise this sounds like a lot of work, but if this problem reappears you probably dont need the stress.
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
Sivatkv
Participant

Post by Sivatkv »

Hi,

Here are all the options that we had tried till now:

Our Datastage server is on Win2k3. While logging into Admin Client using admin ID, we are unable to perform lock operations.

We are encountering with the following error while executing some commands:
(i) unlock user usernumber all
(ii) unlock inode inodenumber all

facing the error "insufficient privileges to perform lock maintenance".

We also tried the following commands,

>SET.FILE UV VOC UV.VOC
>COPY FROM UV.VOC TO VOC UNLOCK

so as to enable unlock operations for project, but were not able to do so. Executing second command says,

'Record "UNLOCK" already exists in file "VOC"; not COPIED.
0 records copied. '
Regards,
Siva
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All those things you've been trying are (on their own) only valid for versions before the 8.x release. Things are changed now. Involve your official support provider.
-craig

battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

Hello Craig, I dont think I got that. Did you say get official vendor support for post version 8 datastage?
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes. Technically, for "post version 7" support as in support for version 8 you really need to involve support for issues of this nature.
-craig