ASBagent dies when attempting to test connection in IA

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

ASBagent dies when attempting to test connection in IA

Post by bobyon »

We have been having trouble for some time with the ASBagent(s) going down unexpectedly. We have recently found that when attempting to test a Teradata ODBC connection from within IIS Console Source Configuration screen one of the ASB agents fails.

The failure also occurs when starting a column analysis task.

Both of these failures are consistently repeatable.

Any and all assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are quite a few bugs in 8.0.1, most of which are fixed in 8.1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

Thanks Ray for those words of wisdom :-) Unfortunately though, right now upgrading is not an option we are seriously considering as we are just weeks away from taking our project into a parallel production phase.

Any other ideas?
Bob
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

'fraid not. Hassle your support provider. Meantime keep monitoring the ASB agent process and restarting it as required. The last site I was at created a script for doing just that.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BradMiller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BradMiller »

I see the same problem, my agent on port 31531 is going down frequently.
How do we start an agent? Ray you said you have a script for the same, can you share it please.

Regards,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Arrgh, that's ten months and four clients ago. I did not keep it. It ought not to be a difficult operation, though.
Oritech
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Oritech »

We also face this kind of problem, (IIS - 8.1 ,HPUX 11v3)

Stating below error while viewing the data in designer
An exception occurred while trying to send request to the handler. Agent at devhub06:31531 is not available.
We have noticed that out of 3 below services pertaining to ASBNode one highlighted in bold will die down,
root 6687 1 0 18:31:27 pts/1 0:06 /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/IA64W/java -Xbootclasspath/a:conf:eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.isf.client_configurat

root 6679 1 0 18:31:25 pts/1 0:05 /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/IA64W/java -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US -Djava.security.auth.login.conf

root 7014 1 0 18:32:46 pts/1 0:00 /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/IA64W/java -classpath /opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/java/JobMonApp
Wondering how can this be brought back?

1) Either by just stopping & restarting ASBNode or

2) Stop/stopping DS engine,ASBNode in right order

Preferrance is without further effecting the developer.

Please advice