How to check lookup is successful or not in parallel job?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sweety123
Participant

How to check lookup is successful or not in parallel job?

Post by sweety123 »

Hi,

I have a job requirement in which table data needs to be updated based on the output of lookup stage. I have to check whether the lookup is successful or not before updating the data. How can I check this?
Any pointers will be highly appreciated...

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How is your "Lookup Failed" rule set?
  • If it is Fail (the default), then your job will abort as soon as the first lookup fails.

If it is Drop, you'll only know that not all lookups succeeded because the output link row count from the Lookup stage will be smaller than the stream input link row count.

If it is Continue then any output fields sourced from the reference input link will be null. Choose one that does not contain null in the reference data set.

If it is Output then any failed lookup will cause that input row to be directed to the reject link rather than to the output link.
Of course, if you're performing conditional lookups, then a similar set of considerations must be applied to answering the question whether the lookup was even attempted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:evil: Argh, sometimes our whole workaround/resolved system makes me crazy. It shouldn't but it does. This is one of those times.

This is not a "workaround", meaning your topic is "not resolved" and you had to go out of your way and do something crazy to get to your end point. This is your answer, as in your problem is now Resolved and it should be marked as such.

Sorry, off to take my meds now.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers