Connectivity to Cubes ?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hamzaqk
Participant

Connectivity to Cubes ?

Post by hamzaqk »

Hi,

Just wondering that if i have to connect to cubes for example Oracle, Microsoft or Hyperion Essbase cubes how can i do it through datastage ? or is not possible is there a workaround?

Thanks.
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Don't know. Do the latest ODBC drivers offer support for cubes?

Presumably user-defined SQL can include cube-extensions such as references to dimensions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

There is a Hyperion Pack available now...... I haven't seen or touched it yet, so can't give you details, but it may be worth looking into. For years though, directly writing to a cube wasn't in big demand because most of the cube vendors prefered defining and manipulating those things in their own tooling, so creating a clean .csv file or staging rdbms table with DataStage was enough.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
hamzaqk
Participant

Post by hamzaqk »

Thanks , Yes and having trawled through the documentation i came to know that the MS OLEDB stage allows us to create (Server Jobs) multi dimensional cubes but locally only not on the OLAP Server . We can write to and read from these cubes.
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

eostic wrote:For years though, directly writing to a cube wasn't in big demand because most of the cube vendors prefered defining and manipulating those things in their own tooling, so creating a clean .csv file or staging rdbms table with DataStage was enough.
Yup, that's how I've had to do it in the past. As noted "they" didn't want anyone else writing directly to them so we had to leave the data on their doorstep and then ring the doorbell.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... and run away! :lol:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Exactly, as fast as you can. And then deny all knowledge of the act. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers