Job Scheduling is not functioning.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

jayeeta_aec wrote:...i got it.. but u invoked another query in my mind. In either way of this migration process, crontab entry is going to be affected. Isn't it? Or do u mean it would get affected only with the "OVERWRITE" process, u mentioned.
I don't recall that U posted on this thread!

Please strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange. The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you". U is the name of one of our posters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jayeeta_aec
Participant

Post by jayeeta_aec »

jayeeta_aec wrote:
chulett wrote:It couldn't hurt to Unschedule the job and then Add to Schedule again. If there's any doubt about what it did, do a "crontab -l" from the command line as the scheduling user and post it here. ...
jayeeta_aec wrote:Creig i have done Unschedule-Add to schedule on that job. Let's see what happens. I will let u know. In the mean time, can u plz tell me what the difference b/w 'Rescheduling' and 'Unschedule-Add to schedule' a job is.
I did one thing. I rescheduled it to another time. Crontab entry was reflecting the change. So I think there is no issue with the linkage between DS job and cron. What can be popping up from this? Is the issue in Datastage end?
Thanks..
Jayeeta Dutta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do you get any indication in the log that the job even tried to start? Or does it look like absolutely nothing happens when the time comes? For the latter, talk to an SysAdmin. Former, support.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jayeeta_aec
Participant

Post by jayeeta_aec »

chulett wrote:Do you get any indication in the log that the job even tried to start? Or does it look like absolutely nothing happens when the time comes? For the latter, talk to an SysAdmin. Fo ...
I can see your last message partially. By the way, one difference i noticed in "Environment variable settings" log entry of both kind of runs.(Schedule run & Manual run)

The diffrence is in value of "Home" variable. Schedule one's points to user profile while the manual one points to admin profile.

Scheduling is done from user profile.

Can this be any of our help?
Jayeeta Dutta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure. Can you answer the question I asked, please?
-craig

jayeeta_aec
Participant

Post by jayeeta_aec »

chulett wrote:Not sure. Can you answer the question I asked, please? ...
No i didn't see any such "try" in log...But I cann't get the full view of your post after "Former sup..."...
Jayeeta Dutta
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That at least is easily fixed by your obtaining a premium membership.

They're not expensive, at less than 30c (or Rs12) per day, and well worth the expense in terms of advancing your professional development.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ramu1
Participant

Post by ramu1 »

Hi ,
I am facing a similar kind of problem what Jayeeta is facing.

I scheduled my Sequence job to run every day at 10.30 PM, previously the sequence Job was run daily beased on scheduling time.

But yesterday it has aborted because some database issue, then i compiled the Jobs which were aborted and Compiled the whole sequence.

After that the sequence job is not Running ,from yesterday on wards still it is in compiled status only.

Could you please suggest me what might be the issue.

Thanks,
Ramu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ramu, please start your own thread.
-craig

jayeeta_aec
Participant

Post by jayeeta_aec »

Sysadmin of the UNIX box says that the scheduler worked fine though the job is not triggered from Datastage. I mean from DS end we couldn't see that the job starts automatically according to schedule. But cronjob log states that the cronjob have been working fine..Do I need to check dsr_sched.sh or something else...
Jayeeta Dutta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to involve your official support provider at this point.
-craig