PATH search failure

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

PATH search failure

Post by tehavele »

Hi ,
I am running in some of datastage jobs in dev env.Jobs have only executables.In one of the jobs buildop is used. This job is not getting aborted with following errors.
main_program: PATH search failure:
main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "CryptageCFDES3"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
main_program: Operator CryptageCFDES3 does not exist in the registry.
main_program: Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.
Component 'CryptageCFDES3 ' exists in the directory '/product/coherence/coherence/lib'.I have also added this path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in DS Admin. Still getting the same error.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Tejas
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Wrong path - it says it is a PATH search failure and that is literally the name of the environment variable that you need to update, not LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tehavele »

Thanks for reply Craig. I did change the PATH variable and added the path where buildop.so file is located. But It is still throwing the same error.
Am I missing something here ? What change I have to add in PATH variable ?

Regards,
Tejas
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not sure, not being all that familiar with everything that's involved in getting buildops to work. If you'd like, you can post the PATH change that you made and we can see if that part looks ok. Otherwise, I'd have to defer to others who have actually done this in the past.

Out of curiousity, is this something that stopped working or a new something that hasn't worked yet? Do you have other buildops as well?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tehavele »

Thanks Craig. The problem is solved now. This system was already there running on vendor's system. Now we have moved system to our environment. So , this is the first tiime we are running this system in our dev environment.

In this problem file 'operator.apt' was mssing , which is linking the datastage job and buildop.sl file.The content of the .apt file is as below.

Code: Select all

CryptageCFDES3 CryptageCFDES3 1
CryptageCFDES3_Fix CryptageCFDES3_Fix 1
The job is working now. But I am not completely aware of the way it works. You can or anybody else add more information on this.

Thanks.

Regards,
Tejas