Unable to log into Infosphere 8.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSShishya
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to log into Infosphere 8.1

Post by DSShishya »

Dear all,

A new project concerning DataStage will start in my company shortly and in preparation for this the administrator recently installed IBM Infosphere Version 8.1, however whenever I try to log into the DataStage Administrator or Director it gives the message "Invalid username/password", I'm entering the correct user name and password (I'm using the Admin user name and the right password) but still I get this message, what could be the reason for this error?, is their something to be taken care of in the configuration?, also when I try to log into Designer, I get the message "This client does not have the license", however all the licensing has been purchased, kindly do give in you valuable suggestions.

The administrator is not specific to DataStage and is not very familiar with the installation concepts and I need to get started with DataStage.

Regards
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Chances are that users have not been set up or credentialled in Information Server (or at least the user ID that you are trying to use).

You need to open the Web Console for Information Server and log in there as an Information Server Administrator (probably a user ID of isadmin) to set up and credential DataStage users.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.