Parallel Routine compilation problem in the transformer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Parallel Routine compilation problem in the transformer

Post by sridharvis »

Hi,

I am quite new to Parallel Routines, I created a parallel routine and when i compiled the same in my transformer in parallel job i got the following compilation error "Extrenal function library path name cannot contain spaces". Please find the details of how the routine was created...

This is my C++ program

#include <stdio.h>
char * testroutine()
{
char* OutStr;
OutStr="Hello World - Object Testing";
return OutStr;
}

I created the object file as specified in the below link (my DataStage client + server) is installed in the windows environment.

http://dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=12 ... 7e9de8c7cd.

I specified the following in the parallel routine

Routine Name: testroutine
Type: External Function
Object Type: Object
Return type: char*
Library path: C:\Documents and Settings\sridhar\testroutine.o
No Input Arguments.

Please Help !!
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Folder where you object lies (Documents and Settings) has spaces part of its name.

Try storing in some place without spaces.
sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sridharvis »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Folder where you object lies (Documents and Settings) has spaces part of its name.

Try storing in some place without spaces.
Hi Sainath,

Is there any other way out, because i find the object file getting created only in the Documents and Settings Path, as that's where the compiler is. I tried the following

cxx -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c C:\testroutine.cpp , but the objectfile is not getting created in the specified path. I also tried copy pasting the .cpp and .o file to C: path but of no use i get another error

"Subprocess command failed with exit status 40192"

Please Help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It doesn't matter where the compiler is, it matters where you run the compile command from. And I'm sure there's an option to create the output elsewhere. Or use "Docume~1" for the directory name.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sridharvis »

chulett wrote:It doesn't matter where the compiler is, it matters where you run the compile command from. And I'm sure there's an option to create the output elsewhere. Or use "Docume~1" for the directory name.
Thanks Craig, both of the solution recommended by you worked , but now i face another compilation error. Please help me out ?

##E TBLD 000000 21:27:20(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 40192
##E TFSR 000019 21:27:20(001) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W TFCP 000000 21:27:20(002) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0"is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##I TBLD 000000 21:27:20(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: C:\Ascential\DataStage\Projects\MedDev\RT_BP3.O\V0S21_pxFirstLkpJob_Transformer_21.C(236) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'APT_Int64' to 'int', possible loss of data

##I TFCP 000008 21:27:20(004) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: cxx -LC:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/MedDev/RT_BP3.O/ -LC:/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib -LC:/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/user_lib -W/TP -W/dll -W/base:0x50000000 -lliborchnt -lliborchcorent -lliborchbuildopnt C:\testroutine.o C:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/MedDev/RT_BP3.O/V0S21_pxFirstLkpJob_Transformer_21.tmp.o -o C:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/MedDev/RT_BP3.O/V0S21_pxFirstLkpJob_Transformer_21.dll
##I TBLD 000000 21:27:20(005) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: LINK : warning LNK4224: /DEBUGTYPE:BOTH is no longer supported; ignored
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:testroutine.o'
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Try giving the location as C:/testroutine.o.

But why do you give the full path as the system itself must be able to locate it.
sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sridharvis »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Try giving the location as C:/testroutine.o.

But why do you give the full path as the system itself must be able to locate it.
No changes , i tried that as well the error persists, i had spent whole day in writing a simple parallel routine, but all in vain i am not able to proceed further. I am clueless of what this error could be ?

Any clue or help on what this error could be is much appreciated
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

What is your PATH ?

Where have you copied the .o file ?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

What is your PATH ?

sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sridharvis »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:What is your PATH ?

The Library Path is C:\testroutine.o and i had also compiled the .o file and the file is available at C:\testroutine.o.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

I was referring to your PATH setting in your environment.
sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sridharvis »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:I was referring to your PATH setting in your environment.
I have not made any PATH setting. But i have listed down the environmental Variable and its path, additionally i have also listed below the COMPILER, COMPILER options and LINKER options.Hope this helps..

Environmental Variables and Path:- (Windows XP)

DSPackagePath :- C:\Ascential\DataStage\Package
NLS_LANG :- AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
NUTCROOT :- C:\PROGRA~1\MKSTOO~1
SHELL :- C:/PROGRA~1/MKSTOO~1/mksnt/sh.exe
TERMCAP :- C:\PROGRA~1\MKSTOO~1\etc\termcap
TERMINFO :- C:\PROGRA~1\MKSTOO~1\usr\lib\terminfo
VS71COMNTOOLS:- c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\

COMPILER and LINKER PATH :- (DataStage)

APT_COMPILER:- cxx
APT_LINKER :- cxx
APT_COMPILER_OPTIONS :- -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c
APT_LINK_OPT:--W/TP -W/dll -W/base:0x50000000