Migrate dstage version - Problems with dsjob

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wahil
Participant

Migrate dstage version - Problems with dsjob

Post by wahil »

Hi all,

I migrate the dstage version on last week and now I'm with problems to execute dsjob command from command line. My migration was doing using the same machine, maintend both versions in parallel, the 7.5.1 on 31538 port number and 8.1 in 31539 port number. It's ok and the clients are fine. But when i run dsjob, e.g. "-lprojects" the projects from 7.5.1 are listed. Anything variable from 7.5.1 is setted(test by env command) and the dsenv is the original file. If I put "dsjob -server xxx:31539 user ..." it's run fine, but all my scripts(about 1500) don't use this sintaxe(with -server option). There are another form to set dsjob to use port number 31539 by default?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, not that I know of.
bluezed28
Participant

Similar problem

Post by bluezed28 »

I have a similar configuration, with 7.51 on port 31538 and 8.1 on port 31539. When I try to execute -run or -lprojects it can't seem to get the projects. See error below.

[cs2xxxxx:user:/opt_poc/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin]dsjob -lprojects

Status code = 81016

I've been seeing a number of bugs with 8.1 even with the patches installed. I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same frustrations. 7.5 is exceptionally stable in comparison.