Mapping failed to find or create the target instance

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aluthra48
Participant

Mapping failed to find or create the target instance

Post by aluthra48 »

Does any one know what this error means, or what may have caused it? This occurred while importing dsx objects frrom one environement to another.

Line 126560: Mapping failed to find or create the target instance: JobDefn -> DSJobDef (EObject: c2e76d84.43058877.61935f.123c4e5f08b.1129f80.873f0, JobDefn).
Object=ROOT.
Class=CJobDefn.
UweOdrich
Participant

Post by UweOdrich »

I got same message today. My repository is based on Oracle. I found also some deadlock messages ORA-00060 in xmeta log.

I did try to import two import-files from to clients into same project. Possibly it was no good idea to import parallel.

Uwe
srao
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srao »

First clear the log for particular job and then reset the job . then it worked fine for me. Try
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The "target instance" here is the job definition record in the XMETA database. Apparently (from the message and your description) a locking issue was encountered.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.