Rejection of Rows while copying from one file to another

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepa_shenoy
Participant

Rejection of Rows while copying from one file to another

Post by deepa_shenoy »

Hi,

I have two files-Current File and Previous File, present in a job.

In the first run, all the records from the source get copied into the Current File and the Previous File is empty.

Before the second run, I use the ExecSH command to copy the data from Current File to Previous File. While doing this,in every load after the first load, certain records are getting rejected.

Why is this happening?

Thanks in advance.

Deepa
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not enough information. Why are they being rejected? Are you capturing the rejects and, if so, can you see any pattern in them? What command are you using to move records from current to previous? Do the current and previous files interact with the source in any way? Which stages are running in parallel and which stages are running in sequential mode?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deepa_shenoy
Participant

Post by deepa_shenoy »

Hi,

I do not know why they are getting rejected. I did use a Reject link to capture the rejected records. There is no pattern for rejection.

I used the command:

cp /filepath/CurrentFile.txt /filepath/PreviousFile.txt

Regards,
Deepa
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is your source a file, a database connection, or something else? From which stage did you create the reject link? Can you advise the record schema of your source stage and a couple of example reject records?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deepa_shenoy
Participant

Post by deepa_shenoy »

Hi,

My source is a Database(RDBMS). It passes a Copy Stage then to Seq File(CurrentFile) and a CDC Stage. From CDC it goes to Target Seq File.
Comparison at the CDC Stage is done with another Seq File (PreviousFile).
Rejects from this file is sent to another Seq File.

Regards,
Deepa