DataStage 8.x Connection Problems

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

marothisu
Participant

DataStage 8.x Connection Problems

Post by marothisu »

Hi,

We just installed Information Server 8.x and are having problems connecting to the DataStage component using Websphere DataStage and QualityStage Administrator.

First of all, I should point out that the client (the Administrator program) and server are on different machines.

Second of all, we did map the OS-level to have datastage credentials. In the web panel for Information Server under "DataStage Credentials," the option "Default DataStage and QualityStage Credentials" is left blank under the "Open Configuration" option. Under "Open My Credentials" we entered in the OS-level username for datastage created at installation.

Then under the "Open User Credentials" option, we selected a username we created with DataStage and QualityStage administration rights and entered in the OS-level username on the right and hit apply.

We cannot log in still. We get the error:
"Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain
Connection reset"

Any help would be great.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

Then under the "Open User Credentials" option, we selected a username we created with DataStage and QualityStage administration rights and entered in the OS-level username on the right and hit apply.
-- this is same as "dsadm" ?
marothisu
Participant

Post by marothisu »

swades wrote:
-- this is same as "dsadm" ?
correct.

What is the correct port to log in under? At least the name in the XML file. We've tried a few including the SOAP Connector, Bootstrap port, and Listener ports. Nothing has worked. It seems to me that the SOAP Connector port at least connects whereas the others hang because they can't establish a connection.

We also edited the Hosts file on our server, restarted all InfoServer and WebSphere service instances and it still does not work. I also added the server I'm connecting to (I'm on Windows XP by the way), to my personal HOSTS file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you were in the Web Console for Information Server and, having created the user definition, did you scroll down and click "Save and Close"? Changes made on the screen are not automatically saved, and the "Save and Close" button is not visible by default, you have to scroll down to find it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
marothisu
Participant

Post by marothisu »

ray.wurlod wrote:When you were in the Web Console for Information Server and, having created the user definition, did you scroll down and click "Save and Close"? Changes made on the screen are not automatically saved ...
Yeah, we did that everytime. We've noticed the behavior of the web panel is weird. For example we deleted a mapping (more than once actually)...come back in one minute, it's not there, but five minutes later it's back up there.

Which ports though should we be specifying for the Domain and the DataStage Server on the Administrator program? Theoretically I think to use the HTTP Transport port for the Domain and the DataStage Instance Tag port for the DataStage Server. Any thoughts on that too?
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

marothisu wrote:Which ports though should we be specifying for the Domain and the DataStage Server on the Administrator program? Theoretically I think to use the HTTP Transport port for the Domain and the DataStage Instance Tag port for the DataStage Server. Any thoughts on that too?
Why do you want to specify any port no? simply give server name or IP address as Domain and for the DataStage server select from the drop down list (or define servername:31538)

IHTH
marothisu
Participant

Post by marothisu »

swades wrote:
marothisu wrote:Which ports though should we be specifying for the Domain and the DataStage Server on the Administrator program? Theoretically I think to use the HTTP Transport port for the Domain and the DataStage Instance Tag port for the DataStage Server. Any thoughts on that too?
Why do you want to specify any port no? simply give server name or IP address as Domain and for the DataStage server select from the drop down list (or define servername:31538)

IHTH
Because we are not using the default ports for certain ports. At last check that did not work though