Requires Information About the Qualitystage Certification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vishal1982
Participant

Requires Information About the Qualitystage Certification

Post by Vishal1982 »

Hi All,

I am planning for Datastage Certification,and over the IBM site i comes to know about the two certification 000-418 (IBM Certified Solution Developer - InfoSphere DataStage v8.0) and 000-419 (IBM Certified Solution Developer - InfoSphere QualityStage v8.0).

Here I wants to know about that can i go directly for 000-419 Exam without apprearing for 000-418 ? How much experience(Hands-on-exp) is really required for 00-418 and 000-419 Exam?if Any certified professional is available on the forum?Where Any other Certification Exam is available for Inforsphere Datastage V8.0 apart from above mentioned two exam??

Thanks!!!
IBM Websphere Datastage Certified Professional
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The exams are independent of each other. Recommended training classes are mentioned on the IBM website, but serious hands-on experience is almost mandatory as well (in my experience). There is also a certification exam for Information Analyzer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Vishal1982
Participant

Post by Vishal1982 »

Hi Ray,

As a Normal user ,i can't view your whole premium posted content.
Is it possible for you to help me out again by posting it as normal user content.

Thanks!!!
IBM Websphere Datastage Certified Professional
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is it possible for you to purchase a premium membership?
Premium membership is not expensive, at less than 30c per day. Premium membership is one of the ways that the hosting and bandwidth costs of DSXchange are met. I do not propose to prejudice the ongoing existence of DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chanaka
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chanaka »

Hi Experts,

Can any of you recommend any redbooks or any documentation which can help us in the exam 000-419?

Thanks!
Chanaka Wagoda