issue in FTP stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

karthi_gana wrote: can you send me the link which MICROSOFT explained elaborately about this? I just want to share it with my management.
MICROSOFT? It was IBM. They gave me a call and let me know about this final problem. There was some kind of e-mail chain discussing the issue before the phone call, but unfortunately it was in my previous shop and I couldn't back the e-mails up. I am sorry not to be able to provide any solid "document" for this!
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

vivekgadwal wrote:
karthi_gana wrote: can you send me the link which MICROSOFT explained elaborately about this? I just want to share it with my management.
MICROSOFT? It was IBM. They gave me a call and let me know about this final problem. There was some kind of e-mail chain discussing the issue before the phone call, but unfortunately it was in my previous shop and I couldn't back the e-mails up. I am sorry not to be able to provide any solid "document" for this!
Ok..No problem...

how did you raise the ticket?

did you called them?

I hope IBM's DataStage team see this forum and they can send me that document.
Karthik
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

karthi_gana wrote: how did you raise the ticket?
You need the license information for your company. Ask the administrator for those details and the phone number to contact should be with those details. Usually, when you call, don't expect a solution within that phone call. They will take your case information and criticality (how critical is it to resolve?). Then somebody from DataStage's technical team will contact you if it is very critical.
karthi_gana wrote: I hope IBM's DataStage team see this forum and they can send me that document.
This is wishful thinking at its best ;) . Anyways, I do NOT understand what "document" you want!! Do not expect any document from them for you to study on the stage's functionality/limitations etc.
Vivek Gadwal

karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

vivekgadwal wrote: This is wishful thinking at its best ;) . Anyways, I do NOT understand what "document" you want!! Do not expect any document from them for you to study on the stage's functionality/limitations etc.
yes...i thought they might relased some documents or papers saying that 'Datastage 7.5 version has some limitations on FTP stage....'

can you test your inbox? Incase if you have the copy, please send it to me....

I need it...because i have to send it to my management...
Karthik
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

karthi_gana wrote: yes...i thought they might relased some documents or papers saying that 'Datastage 7.5 version has some limitations on FTP stage....'
As I told you, there is/will be no such document.
karthi_gana wrote: can you test your inbox? Incase if you have the copy, please send it to me....
It was in my previous shop. I do not have my e-mails
karthi_gana wrote: I need it...because i have to send it to my management...
Open a case with IBM and forward your investigations + their comments to your management!
Vivek Gadwal

karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

karthi_gana wrote: I need it...because i have to send it to my management...
Open a case with IBM and forward your investigations + their comments to your management!
you mean ticket?
Karthik
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

karthi_gana wrote: you mean ticket?
Ticket or Case...I believe IBM calls it a Case. The point is, take up the issue with them and provide that documentation to your company's honchos. :wink:
Vivek Gadwal

karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

vivekgadwal wrote:
Ticket or Case...I believe IBM calls it a Case. The point is, take up the issue with them and provide that documentation to your company's honchos. :wink:
Thanks for your information!
Karthik
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

vivekgadwal wrote:
Thanks for your information!
Karthik