How to automate import/export process in version 7.5.2

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srik9683
Participant

How to automate import/export process in version 7.5.2

Post by srik9683 »

Hi guys,

I am new to datastage and I am trying to learn how to automate import/export jobs from the server. can somebody please let me know how to start with this.

server is installed on AIX 5.3.

and also is there a way to export using dsjob command from the server.

your help is much appreciated.

thank you
srik
kiran259
Participant

Post by kiran259 »

"Search" will help you. :D
Kiran Vaduguri

As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Before version 8.x the import/export process is all client based. There's some export capacity on the Server side, but the expectation is that is all handled on the client. The two basic commands are dscmdexport.exe and dsexport.exe off the top of my head - the former is for all jobs in a project while the latter is for a single job. As noted, a search here will turn up all manner of discussion on the subject. You can also go to Kim Duke's website and download a batch script from his Tips section that will automate the export of all projects on a server, quite handy to have that already built.

I believe it is 8.1 that finally brings full import/export capabilities to the server side with the "istool" executable. Again, a search here will turn up those conversations.

Also, the syntax for 'dsjob' is fully documented in the Command Line Interface section of either Developer's Guide pdf manuals.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
srik9683
Participant

thanks a lot

Post by srik9683 »

thanks a lot. I will try to workaround that

chulett wrote:Before version 8.x the import/export process is all client based. There's some export capacity on the Server side, but the expectation is that is all handled on the client. The two basic commands are dscmdexport.exe and dsexport.exe off the top of my head - the former is for all jobs in a project while the latter is for a single job. As noted, a search here will turn up all manner of discussion on the subject. You can also go to Kim Duke's website and download a batch script from his Tips section that will automate the export of all projects on a server, quite handy to have that already built.

I believe it is 8.1 that finally brings full import/export capabilities to the server side with the "istool" executable. Again, a search here will turn up those conversations.

Also, the syntax for 'dsjob' is fully documented in the Command Line Interface section of either Developer's Guide pdf manuals.