Controller prob:Error calling DSAttachJob-not a runnable job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mekrreddy
Participant

Controller prob:Error calling DSAttachJob-not a runnable job

Post by mekrreddy »

Hello guys,

Seq_job0002..JobControl (@JS_01): Controller problem: Error calling DSAttachJob(Seq_0001)
(DSOpenJob) Cannot open job Seq_0001. - not a runnable job

getting the above error when running a sequence job, all the jobs which are called in the sequence job are finished/compiled/has been reset,
and we are not using multiple instances, and i checked in unix to see are there any jobs already running(jobs called in the sequence), but there are none. Can you guys please tell me what is the cause for that error.

Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Typically it means Not Compiled or Already Running. It would guess it is the latter and that you need to check again for that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

Thanks Hulett

But, There are no processes running as i see..
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

I am started getting the following errors:

when trying to run the lowest level jobs (parallel jobs).

-cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG97
-failed to open RT_LOG14 file
-cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG17
-cannot open RT_STATUS52.
-failed to invoke GenRuntime using Phantom process helper.

Thanks in advance..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like your Project has been corrupted, a Very Bad Thing. Any disk problems or space issues where DataStage or the projects are installed?
-craig

Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Before calling the project corrupt, does this happen to a specific job or to all jobs ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's errors for 4 jobs mentioned above. And corruption doesn't need to affect all jobs.
-craig

mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

Looks like whole project, most of the jobs are throwing these errors.

Thanks.
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

Signs of a corrupted project???
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Seems that way. Again, any space issues where DataStage is installed that you know of? Any idea what might have happened to start all this? Basically there's no rush to fix any 'corruption' until the root cause of the problem has been identified and resolved.

And if for some reason you haven't done so already, you need to involve your official support provider. Now. That rather than waiting for someone to find the time to reply and extend the back-and-forthing that typically goes on.
-craig

zaino22
Premium Member
Premium Member

Update on reason for this error

Post by zaino22 »

Re: Getting error"Failed to invoke GenRuntime using Phantom process helper" while compiling the Job.

I was having issues compiling Job but didnt know what's causing it. When I clicked "Show Error" button DS pointed to the xfm stage. Most forums suggested Job/Project have corrupted but it was not the reason in my situation.
My derivation was setting nulls if there was no data for the field [IF Len(Trim(Input.col1, " ", "A")) <> 0 Then Input.col1 Else SetNull() ] but when I removed this "IF" condition check and mapped "as is" [Input.col1], Job compiled OK. So blind me looked closely and found out that colums I am setting Nulls in "IF" condition are set to "Nullable=No" in metadata. Once I nd set them "Nullable=Yes" Job compiled okay.
I wanted to share this because not necessarily you will get this error because your Job OR project corrupted at least it was not the case in my situation. Look closely, check colums one by one to figure this out, patience pays off.