Convert INFA mapping to DS job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

monicasgupta
Participant

Convert INFA mapping to DS job

Post by monicasgupta »

Friends,

Is there any tool that we can convert Inforamatica mapping to DataSatage job? Like importing mapping into xml and import into DS.

I really appreciate your answer.

Thanks
Monica
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

IBM is supposed to have one.
Mamu Kim
stotman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stotman »

kduke wrote:IBM is supposed to have one. ...
Yes several tools exist to do this migration. IBM has one and also several partners have built them - I've actually seen two new ones appear in the last few months which both turned up at the Berlin user conference.
Please reach out to your local IBM account team on this.
Steven Totman
Team Lead Metadata
Product Management
Information Server
IBM
monicasgupta
Participant

Post by monicasgupta »

'stotman' thanks for the reply. I really appreciate if you can name it one. I am not in touch with IBM.

Thanks
Monica
monicasgupta
Participant

Post by monicasgupta »

Why so suspense about naming the tool name?!!!

Is it going to harm anything?

Or nobody wants to help here?!!!

Monica
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Seems to me the only help can come from either IBM directly or indirectly through your official support provider. Someone in your organization should be able to get that ball rolling for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe IBM's "tool" has a name. It is only available through their services organization, and would be sold to you as a "migration service" of some kind with the specifics laid out in a Statement of Work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stotman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stotman »

chulett wrote:Seems to me the only help can come from either IBM directly or indirectly through your official support provider. Someone in your organization should be able to get that ball rolling for you.
Ray is correct - the migration utility itself is deployed as part of a migration package from infosphere lab services.
The best way to engage the right resources from IBM is if you provide your company name and country your based in and I'll try and track down who your Infosphere account manager is. This will be the same person who was involved in the datastage purchase.

Cheers

Steve
Steven Totman
Team Lead Metadata
Product Management
Information Server
IBM