*Datastage Job Reusability - Web Service and Batch on Client

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skilletrx2
Participant

*Datastage Job Reusability - Web Service and Batch on Client

Post by skilletrx2 »

Hello there, pretty new to the Datastage product, and new to the forum. I have a quick question:

Can Datastage jobs that are enabled to be a web service be REUSED to run for batch file dumps?

I.E., you create a datastage job to add a new user via a webservice, that would work for quick hits from websites, but when you have 10,000s of users to add at one time via XML, I would like to reuse the same job to handle it locally. Is this possible using the same job or would I have to create a different job (copy and paste), and remove the web services components?

Thanks in advance!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. :D

There's no way to do that kind of 'refusal' that I've ever seen but perhaps someone else has. As far as I know, you'll need to create another version of the job minus the web components - i.e. one web-enabled for singletons and another specifically for batches. For what it's worth, that's exactly the method I've employed in the past.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
skilletrx2
Participant

Post by skilletrx2 »

Thanks Craig for the welcome and response! If anyone else has a different approach, I am all open ears :)
chulett wrote:Welcome. :D

There's no way to do that kind of 'refusal' that I've ever seen but perhaps someone else has. As far as I know, you'll need to create another version of the job minus the web components - i.e. one web-enabled for singletons and another specifically for batches. For what it's worth, that's exactly the method I've employed in the past.