How to publish files in sharepoint

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

LNarayan
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to publish files in sharepoint

Post by LNarayan »

Hi all,

I have a requirement where I need to extract the files from a path in UNIX directory and place it in the sharepoint path which will be reflected in the sharepoint portal.

Is there a method available in Data Stage to do the above task? Are there plug-ins or tools that could be integrated with Datastage to talk to external source like this? We are using DS Enterprise Edition 7.5.1.a.

Please let me know your inputs and thanks in advance for that.

Lnarayan
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
When working with Share point in my current location I can simply copy files to a shared folder over the network and that is all I need here.
So you only need to know where to copy the files to and get privilages to get the files there (copy the files to that location).

IHTH (I Hope This Helps),
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

Is there any new insights available on the original post from LNarayan :
I have a requirement where I need to extract the files from a path in UNIX directory and place it in the sharepoint path which will be reflected in the sharepoint portal.
I do have exact same requirement and file upload to Sharepoint from Unix has to be done via automated ETL process ( via Unix script/ DataStage job etc). The DataStage version we are using is DataStage 7.5.2.

Any insights/suggestions will be most welcome.

Take care!
Attitude is everything....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

roy wrote:When working with Share point in my current location I can simply copy files to a shared folder over the network and that is all I need here.
If that's not enough information or you in fact need to do something other than that, let us know. Otherwise, it seems to me that should answer your question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

Thanks Craig!
Thats good idea but can that be done using automatic process like script etc from within DataStage.
When working with Share point in my current location I can simply copy files to a shared folder over the network and that is all I need here.
I thought What was suggested was a manual copy/upload.

Take care
Attitude is everything....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the directory is mounted on the DataStage server it can be accessed as if it were local, provided ALLOWNFS is set in the uvconfig file (which it is by default).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.