To install datastage 8..

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Prakash3366
Participant

To install datastage 8..

Post by Prakash3366 »

Hi..
can anybody guide me, i want to install Datastage 8 into my personal computer, so what are the configuration to be done and tell me system configuraion for installation .

thanks
Prakash
PRAKASH S G
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The first thing you need is a valid licence (and therefore a valid licence file from IBM, which the installer uses.

The only supported operating system for the DataStage server is Windows 2003. You can get it to install on Windows XP Pro sp2 but you will get no official support.

If you are planning to install both client and server don't contemplate anything less than 3GB of RAM; 4GB is better (but then you need an operating system that can "see" all of that). Client alone requires 2GB and server alone requires 2GB minimum (IBM specifications).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

Hi,

You can install it on Windows XP Professional.

You will need the following to be installed before you start your Information Server install.

1. Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2
2. Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition

Both I believe you can download them from the Microsoft site.

Obtain a valid license for Information Server v8 and run the install.

The other bits will be in configuring the users and setup which you need to refer to the installation guide.

Good luck.

JS