111 warning ???

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

111 warning ???

Post by karthi_gana »

While sending a text file content to a sybase table, i got the below warning message.

ALRT_Q..t_df: At row 1, link "ALRT_F"
Sybase Server warning 3814 (severity 16): The parameter of type 111 did not have a valid value.

Thing is, Job executed successfully..But the corresponding rows didn't transferred into the table.
Karthik
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... you actually got a 3814 warning over a parameter of "type 111". Perhaps you can ask your Sybase DBA what that be. Also would be curious if you are using the SybaseOC stage or something else.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

chulett wrote:Hmmm... you actually got a 3814 warning over a parameter of "type 111". Perhaps you can ask your Sybase DBA what that be. Also would be curious if you are using the SybaseOC stage or something else.
It is related to sybase datatype. I have resolved this issue. Anyway Thanks for your hint.
Karthik
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Could you post the resolution, please? That and marking your post as Resolved would be helpful as well.
-craig

karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

chulett wrote:Could you post the resolution, please? That and marking your post as Resolved would be helpful as well. ...
Sure...

The table has some datetime columns.

I used 'Date' datatype for those columns in Sequential File Stage & SybaseOC stage.

The text file looks like

Since it was varchar,i got the above mentioned error message. After i changed the datatype from 'Date' to 'Varchar' in both the stages, the problem was resolved.

For this kind of issue, we need to check the table datatype , how we declared it in the stage and the value we pass.

Resolved.
Karthik
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

karthi_gana wrote:Resolved.
:D There's actually a big button at the top of the screen for that.
-craig