SQL ODBC Issue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cedua
Participant

SQL ODBC Issue

Post by cedua »

Hi all there!
I have a problem with my SQL ODBC....

I deleted a table info (because I need to insert new data) in my development SQL.... (delete from table)....

Now, I have a job that validates the MAX(id) from this table and determines if there are new elements or not.....

Since there is no data in the table, all elementes should be new ok?

But my ODBC stage tells me there are 2000 elements in the table!!!! (I checked it in my SQL Query Analizer and I have no data)

The question is: How can I "reset" the ODBC info (I've changed the ODBC already)

Thanks for your comments, sorry if I put it a little hard....(it's my english)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you certain you commited the deletes?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
cedua
Participant

Post by cedua »

chulett wrote:Are you certain you commited the deletes? ...
Yes sir.... the last test I did, I put a ODBC Stage with the option "clear the table, then insert rows" It worked......

Now... IT'S SUPPOSED I have data in my table..... but I checked out with a simple query in sql query analizer.... and it didn't return anything......

any ideas?

Thx,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK, kind of the opposite issue. "It worked" - did you check the job's log from the Director or does that mean the links are green in the Designer? Didn't abort <> worked ok, necessarily, hence the question. :wink:
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ps. Next question: are you 100% certain the table the job is populating is the exact same one you checked in the analyser tool? Easy to check the wrong database or schema or whatnot.
-craig

cedua
Participant

Post by cedua »

chulett wrote:ps. Next question: are you 100% certain the table the job is populating is the exact same one you checked in the analyser tool? Easy to check the wrong database or schema or whatnot. ...
It's working now, the SQL Admin had moved the tables and ODBC definition to another server, but he didn't tell anybody (DS Admin or me).

I'll put this in "Resolved" sorry for the annoyance....

BTW Chulett, how can I check the ODBC is pointing a table if I'm not the DS Admin? (I have some rights to DS Director, Designer and Manager)

Thx
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

AFAIK, you would need to logon to the UNIX server, cd $DSHOME and view .odbc.ini to check the IP or HostName for your entry. Everything else would be set in the stage. That or attempt to import ODBC metadata from the Manager using the connection.
-craig