warning while running a job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

haivineetha
Participant

warning while running a job

Post by haivineetha »

Hi,

I am getting the Warning:-

" Unable to set output decimal field value from argument string '1078.72256' in function setOutputFieldAsDecimal() for field '6' in output dataset "

while I run the job.The run is always a success,but cant solve the warning.This warning is from a teradata source stage,which acts as a before dataset to a change capture stage.

Can someone help????? : :(
datastage_learner
Participant

Post by datastage_learner »

Try to set the metadata for decimal column properly... :wink:
Thanks,
DS_Learner
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First step actually is posting the question in the proper forum.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
haivineetha
Participant

Post by haivineetha »

The metadata is set properly.The job is currently running perfectly in the production.The prob is with dev only...! :?
datastage_learner
Participant

haivineetha wrote:The metadata is set properly.The job is currently running perfectly in the production.The prob is with dev only...! :?
sometimes slight changes in dev / prod environments creat such minor issues

mate...if u are not performing any calculation on decimal col. I would change it as string and try to process it :wink:
Thanks,
DS_Learner
haivineetha
Participant

Post by haivineetha »

I should be resolving this issue without changing the metadata of the columns since the job is fine in production .This runs daily in production!
datastage_learner
Participant

haivineetha wrote:I should be resolving this issue without changing the metadata of the columns since the job is fine in production .This runs daily in production!

well something u gotta change to get it working right? try trimming it..

from the error it seems there is issue with function and decimal o/p value it self.
Thanks,
DS_Learner
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try posting the question in the correct forum, so we get some idea of what version, what platform and what job type you are using.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
haivineetha
Participant

Post by haivineetha »

can u suggest some forums?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt it. U has not logged in for some weeks.

The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you", not "u". We strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange, primarily to make life a little easier for those whose first language is not English, but also because, as professionals, we are aware that DSXchange is not a device that requires SMS-style abbreviations.

Meanwhile, go back to the index and choose one of the Server or Enterprise Edition forums, depending on whether your job type is server or parallel respectively.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
haivineetha
Participant

Post by haivineetha »

Sorry for that..!Will keep that in mind next time I log in.

*Note: Topic Relocated - Content Editor*