How to resolve "Can't open DS_JOBOBJECTS" error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the links are lost (possibly from running fixtool twice in succession) the file may be - probably is - irreperable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

These D_* entries are all just files, and can safely be copied (without overwriting any existing ones) with operating system cp command (UNIX) or COPY command (Windows).

Not sure why RT_CONFIG3613 is read-only - start by checking operating system permissions.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

Hi,

The permissions on Project is

Code: Select all

drwxrwsr-x and group is dstage ( all developers have dstage as thier secondary group)
permissions on one of the RT_CONFIG file

drwxrwsr-x
I have not copied the missing D_* files from other project , I will do that and will post results. Are the permissions okay on the project and RT files?
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

Hi,

I copied thozse files from another PRoject, ran the reindex, bounced DataStage and was able to create, save and compile new jobs.

Also ran these commands from TCL

>LIST.DICT RT_STATUS3616

$<50>DICT RT_STATUS3616    04:31:18pm  05 Apr 2009  Page    1

Type &
Field......... Field. Field........ Conversion.. Column......... Output Depth &
Name.......... Number Definition... Code........ Heading........ Format Assoc..

@ID            D    0                            RT_STATUS       10L    S

1 records listed.

>COUNT RT_CONFIG3616

4 records counted.
I still could not copy these files to the affected project, can you help me copy these to the other project

D_&COMO&               
D_&SAVEDLISTS&

And what are these files?

D_DS_JOB 
D_SDKSequences
I did not copy these and want to make sure if it is okay to copy them to the project?
Pleazse advise.

I have one more issue when importing metadata
"Empty DSN: list returned from host xyz"
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

ok i resolved the last issue, empty dsn one.. the uvodbc.config was missing from project directory. I tested few jobs and they are running fine, Is there anything else I need to check to make sure everything is working properly?

Appreciate your help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The files with ampersands in their names have to be hard quoted or have the ampersands escaped in the cp command, for example D_\&COMO\& or 'D_&COMO&' (in single quotes). The is because ampersand is a shell metacharacter that instructs the shell to start a background process.

D_SDKSequences contains metadata (key only) of the hashed file that supports the SDK Key Management routines. You also need SDKSequences in the project, or neither.

D_DS_JOBS contains the metadata for DS_JOBS. It is the contents of this hashed file that you see when you LIST.DICT DS_JOBS.
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

Ray, Thanks alot for your help.