Problem with 8.1 Installation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem with 8.1 Installation

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

We are planning to move from 7.5 Server Edition to 8.1 Server Edition. So i am in the process of setting up the 8.1 server. The toplogy we have choosen is having 2 Windows 2003 servers, and in Server 1 , we have installed Service Tier and metadata server (Oracle). And in Server2 , we have installed DS engine. I have created a project called Training while installing the DSengine.

And I have created a OS level Admistrator user (DS_ADMIN) in the Server2 (DSengine box), and in the IBM information Server Web console, I have created a user DS_ADMIN1 and granted full rights, and mapped that user with the DS_ADMIN (OS level) user credentials.

Now , i tried to log in to the project which was created during the installation, from the Administrator client, by giving the following information.

Code: Select all

Domain Name :  Server1:9080
Userid : DS_ADMIN1
Password : *******
And when i clicked Datastage Server combo dropdown box, it identified the DSEngine Hostname correctly

Server2:31538 
and clicked OK.

And it logged in also, But i am not able see the project which was created during the installation. This is the problem.

Even when creating a new project , it is giving error as

Errors were detected that may prevent creation of project TSTProject. Please conatct your support provider if problem presists.
How to proceed now? When mapping the IBM information Server user credentials, to the OS level user, from which machine it will lookup ? from the machine where Service Tier is installed or from the machine where DS engine is installed?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are all required services running - Information Server, WebSphere Application Server and DataStage Server ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

yes all the services are running