Problem using DS SAP R/3 Service Pack - ABAP Extract Stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

santanu84
Participant

Problem using DS SAP R/3 Service Pack - ABAP Extract Stage

Post by santanu84 »

Hi All

I am developing a DS parallel job. There I am trying to extract from SAP R/3 table using ABAP Extract stage. There in the OUTPUT page in General tab I have defined the valid SAP connection and Logon details. Then on Data transfer method tab I have used CPI-C as the method. Then on ABAP Program tab I have used a valid program id, and selected Generation Method as "Build SQL Query". But when I pressed the Build button beside to generate the sql, it is throwing as error,

"Function Module Z_RFC_DS_SERVICE not found".

1) I am not sure why this error is coming?

2) Is there any such service which needs to be defined in DS - SAP service pack or this is happening due to some thing else?

3) Is this service module applicable to any specific user login id or it is common for all and is defined at SAP service pack level?

4) What could be the resolution of this problem?

Please guide me in this.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

That is a SAP module to be installed on SAP side.

Did you search for the name?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

That is a SAP module to be installed on SAP side.

Did you search for the name?
santanu84
Participant

Post by santanu84 »

Ohk. So you mean to say, that module should be installed at SAP side.
And during installation of that SAP package in DS administrator will import that facility to DS. We will simply use that in the ABAP Extract stage in our datastage,
is my understanding correct?

You told about searching for the name? Where shall I check that? In any file at DS? or with our SAP team, whether they have defined such any?
Hi
dinagiza
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Problem using DS SAP R/3 Service Pack - ABAP Extract Sta

Post by dinagiza »

There is a paragraph called: SAP Authorization Requirements for ABAP in the pdf document (i46depsr.pdf) that comes with the WebsSphere DataStage Pack for SAP R/3.
There is an explanation how to manually create an Z_DS_PROFILE authorization profile and the Z_RFC_DS_SERVICE RFC function module in SAP R/3.