Fix pack Installation error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pbhasker.rao
Participant

Fix pack Installation error

Post by pbhasker.rao »

Error description: "Patch Installer cannot find VPD file, Please manually create Information_server_install_root/Version.xml"

Please advice how to create version.xml.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhasker
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I would ring IBM support for that one, those XML files are tricky to create from scratch as they depend on the products and metadata models installed. Have you checked to see if the file exists in the InformationServer base directory and has read access?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I would ring IBM support for that one, those XML files are tricky to create from scratch as they depend on the products and metadata models installed. Have you checked to see if the file exists in the InformationServer base directory and has read access?
pbhasker.rao
Participant

Post by pbhasker.rao »

Version.XML file doesnot exist in the
Information_server_install_root/ directory.

Thanks
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

The file had to be there when the product was installed. Sounds like someone accidentally deleted it. The only things I can think to do are either:
1) Check backups to see if you can recover it
2) Do a complete re-install to regenerate it (a lot of bother for one file).

If you do have to re-install make sure and back up everything before and take copies of all your config files just in case. If you have other patches you've installed, you'll need to have those available as well.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020