License Requirements

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aggie99
Participant

License Requirements

Post by Aggie99 »

I got a license file for Datastage, Quality Stage and IA version 8.x.

I need to install the above products in an xp machine for the first time and set up the development environment. But so far it has not been successful. I noticed that when I installed the software, it was not installing the metadata repository.

My question is:
Do I also need the license for Information Server which has the metadata repository, engine and the domain. is that a seperate license?

pls shred me some light. what's your license cover?

thx all.
aggie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your vendor should have provided a licence file with everything you need. Take it up with them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The only repository that comes bundled and licensed with the product is DB2 - you need to make sure the repository option is checked on install and you choose a DB2 location and admin login and password when you install. If you don't like DB2 you can opt for an Oracle or SQL Server repository but you need to install it yourself before you start the Information Server install. I have successfully installed version 8 on SQL Server Express - the free version.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The only repository that comes bundled and licensed with the product is DB2 - you need to make sure the repository option is checked on install and you choose a DB2 location and admin login and password when you install. If you don't like DB2 you can opt for an Oracle or SQL Server repository but you need to install it yourself before you start the Information Server install. I have successfully installed version 8 on SQL Server Express - the free version.
Aggie99
Participant

Post by Aggie99 »

you need to make sure the repository option is checked on install

I noticed that the checkbox next to it was grey out, I was not able to check it. does it mean my license file is missing the authorization.

thx again.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's a reasonable assumption.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Aggie99
Participant

Post by Aggie99 »

hi guys,

thanks for all your inputs. I got Information Server and Datastage installed successfully on xp, finally. My issue was the ID I used didn't have complete write permission. After that was resolved, the installation went well.

Aggie