Paramter sets

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Paramter sets

Post by samsuf2002 »

Is it possible to use $PROJDEF in parameter set value file, I mean in the value file if I provide $PROJDEF as default value for any environment variable its not working unless I provide the actual value for it.

example --

For environment variable $DATABASE with default value SEQDEV if I specify it as $PROJDEF in one of the value file then its not fetching the value SEQDEV but if I directly provide the default in value file as SEQDEV then its fine.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
hi sam here
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

You should put the $PROJDEF in the Default Value of the Parmaters tab instead of in the Value File name.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Then what should be default in the value file ?

What I observed is what ever you default in value file is what its using ..... No matter what you have in Parameter tab default.
hi sam here
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

$PROJDEF works properly (does not need to be overridden) in version 8.1.

I have not yet tried to specify $PROJDEF as a default value for an environment variable parameter in a values file, but see no reason that it would not work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Even I believe Ray that there should be no reason it shouldn't work, but in my case I tried different option still its not working.

Since this is a new addition to Data stage, I think not many people have tried using this.
hi sam here