Specifying warning limits

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aluthra48
Participant

Specifying warning limits

Post by aluthra48 »

I have a sequence job with embedded sequence jobs executing multiple parallel jobs. I want to abort any one of these jobs if there are 1 or more warning messages. I know one can specify the limit in options in the director, but then the limits will, I believe, apply to ALL jobs, not only the ones in my job sequences. I can also schedule the MAIN job sequence and specify the limits, but I don't know if the limit will apply to all jobs executed by the MAIN job sequence or only the MAIN job sequence being scheduled.
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

If you have less jobs in your sequencer you can change the trigger condition as 'OK (Conditional)'. This indicates that next job has to run only if the current job finished with no warnings.
aluthra48
Participant

Post by aluthra48 »

vinothkumar wrote:If you have less jobs in your sequencer you can change the trigger condition as 'OK (Conditional)'. This indicates that next job has to run only if the current job finished with no warnings.
That's the way my jobs are set up. However, I want the jobs to abort if my checkpoints and re-start is to function correctly. I'd rather not right a unix script to force the job to abort. Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A Sequence job run with a warning limit will pass that limit along to all jobs it runs, meaning they will all inherit the warning limit of the controlling job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
aluthra48
Participant

Post by aluthra48 »

chulett wrote:A Sequence job run with a warning limit will pass that limit along to all jobs it runs, meaning they will all inherit the warning limit of the controlling job. ...
Thank you, that will certainly do it.