How to select and move multiple jobs by run date range

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JKenklies
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to select and move multiple jobs by run date range

Post by JKenklies »

Hi,

I want to clean up a category that is full of jobs where lots of them are not in use. To see what jobs are not used, I would like select all jobs that did not run the last time (60 days or so) and move them to a sub categrory named "obsolete".

Can I do this using command line tools or is it possible to enable DS Manager to sort by the job start date?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Order in director and move in mgr.
JKenklies
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JKenklies »

This is not helpful. Please tell me, if the description of my problem needs to be clarified..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, it may not be the answer you wanted but it *is* your answer. There's no 'command line' to do this and you already noted the restrictions in your 'Additional Info'. You'll need to use the Director for the order by portion and then cherry-pick those that match your criteria to move from the Manager.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have the Director window maximized and the Manager window about one-quarter screen size, it's then really easy.

Once you get to version 8 you will have Quick Find and Advanced Search and you can select any combination from these tools. Advanced Search allows filtering by date/time modified.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

If you download EtlStats then run for all jobs then it is a simple report to figure out which jobs to move. The get row counts job will put the last run in a hashed file. You could update these in a SQL statement.
Mamu Kim