Fatal Error - Unable to initialize exporter

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PeterBZ
Participant

Fatal Error - Unable to initialize exporter

Post by PeterBZ »

I currently have a Lookup stage that outpus rejects to a Sequential File (REJECT_2_FF). Before the data goes into the Lookup stage, I have a modify stage that changes one of my fields from a Char to Integer (So I can properly match the keys in the Lookup stage). However, when I run the job I get an Fatal error with the following message:

REJECT_2_FF: Error when checking operator: Unable to initialize the exporter.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. In this case "export" is the action performed by the Sequential File stage in writing to a human-readable (text) file. Do you have problems with other Sequential File stages? Can you please outline your job design - in particular does your Lookup stage have one or two output links, and how is its "Lookup Failed" rule set?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PeterBZ
Participant

Post by PeterBZ »

I have a an incoming Sequential File (named IN_FILE_FF) that connects to a Modify stage. The modify stage changes one of the fields from a Char to Integer. It then connects to a Lookup Stage (which is also linked to a DB2 stage). The Lookup stage's Lookup Failure is set to "Reject", meaning there are two output links from the Lookup stage. The "Reject" output link is linked to a Sequential File stage (named REJECT_2_FF), which has the Fatal Error.

Code: Select all

[IN_FILE_FF]     [DB2]
    |              |  
    |              |
   \|/            \|/
[MODIFY]------>[LOOKUP]-------->[REJECT_2_FF]
                   |
                   |
                   |
                  \|/
              [CONTINUES AND IS IRRELEVANT]

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please check the Score of the job (set APT_DUMP_SCORE to True and inspect it in the log) to determine the characteristics of the export operator associated with REJECT_2_FF ?

Can you also verify that the pathname, filename and other properties of this Sequential File stage are correct?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mk_ds09
Participant

Post by mk_ds09 »

REJECT_2_FF: Error when checking operator: Unable to initialize the exporter.

What are the data type you are using in the lookup stage for the given column..
from the error, it seems that there is issue while writing to the reject file..

Use debug to check what values are coming to modify and then what values are going to the lookup stage..

----------------

Hope this helps..

------------

MK