Data Migration Assistant - Issue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harshada
Premium Member
Premium Member

Data Migration Assistant - Issue

Post by harshada »

Hi,

I was trying the Data Migration Assistant and was trying to create the job exactly as mentioned in Designer Guide Pg 324. When I tried to select the table definitation BuiltIn -> Examples->Folder, I get a error

" Cannot open export Built-In-Examples-Folder.xml(Path/File access error)"

Does this mean that the standard examples are not installed or sumthing like that. I was just following the instructions mentioned in the online doc and nowhere could find I could select the examples only if sumthing is installed specifically.

Not sure what exactly is missing.
Please guide.

Thanks,
Harshada
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You could search your DataStage disk or directory for that XML file and import it manually. The data migration assistant sucks. Is it even around in version 8? It was an early implementation of DataStage templates and wizards but I think IBM have abandoned it in favour of rolling out custom stages (like the slowly changing dimension stage).
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes it's still around in version 8.x, but IBM really have abandoned it in favour of FastTrack which, to paraphrase Craig, is way more betterer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.