Dataset can be used as source

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nagarjuna900
Participant

Dataset can be used as source

Post by nagarjuna900 »

i am using the dataset as source in in parallel jobs(previously i was stored information in dataset with extension .ds)
i am getting error like cannot open the file c:\.... . view output from server command .

(i am enabled the NLS also)

give me the solution please...........
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

How you name your dataset file is not critical to opening it; if you created a dataset called "mypictures.jpg" then you will be able to view it if you use the same name when reading. In your case you are not reading the same file that you wrote.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What stage type are you trying to use to read from the Data Set?

A Sequential File stage is wrong. You must use a Data Set stage, you must specify the exact pathname of the *.ds file that was created by an earlier job, and you must be using a compatible configuration file in the reader job to that used in the writer job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nagarjuna900
Participant

Post by nagarjuna900 »

i am using the dataset stage for the source and i have given the exact path where it is located....

but still its showing the error like: cannot open the file c:\.....

open file from server command..

please give the solution.....
nagarjuna900
Participant

Post by nagarjuna900 »

i am using the dataset stage for the source and i have given the exact path where it is located....

but still its showing the error like: cannot open the file c:\.....

open file from server command..

please give the solution.....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How did you (or someone else) create the Data Set?

What stage type and pathname was used there?

Try using "/" rather than "\" in the pathname.

Does the pathname contain any space characters? If so try enclosing the pathname in double quote characters or using the "short DOS name" for any directory whose name includes a space character.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.