UniVerse RetrieVe syntax for accessing field number

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

perfman
Premium Member
Premium Member

UniVerse RetrieVe syntax for accessing field number

Post by perfman »

Hi,

I am trying to get the "Full job description" (as seen in the properties dialogue of a job) from DS_JOBOBJECTS using dssh.
Currently I can get the "short Job description" which I know is field 4, but I need to get the long description which I believe is field 7.

I have been searching for multiple hours on this and as a result I am a bit frustrated and need a bit of spoon feeding. (I think this will be an easy one for you guys anyway)

So this is what I have so far:

Code: Select all

>SELECT DS_JOBS.NAME, DS_JOBOBJECTS.DESC FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS, DS_JOBS WHERE DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO = DS_JOBS.JOBNO AND DS_JOBS.NAME = 'TEST_000_MASTER' AND DS_JOBOBJECTS.@ID LIKE '%ROOT';
Job name............    Description.................................................

TEST_000_MASTER         short

1 records listed.
>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why do you believe the long description is in field #7? I suspect (without checking) that the long description is usually in field #5 (except for DS_JOBS).

Anyway, to answer the question, you clearly have not been looking in the right places. Any particular field number can be extracted using the Field() function or dynamic array notation, for example to select field #7:

SELECT EVAL "FIELD(@RECORD,@FM,7,1)" FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS;

SELECT  EVAL "@RECORD<7>" FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS;
Finally, let me stress that this is NOT UniVerse. DataStage engine has not been UniVerse since version 5.2.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
perfman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by perfman »

Thank-you,
it was indeed field 5