Syntax error in Modify stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tan1111
Participant

Syntax error in Modify stage

Post by tan1111 »

Hi,
I am using MODIFY STAGE and am getting syntax error for the following in specification :

MV_BASE:decimal=NullToValue(MV_BASE,0)

Please let me know the correct syntax.

Thanks in advance,
Tan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

NullToValue() is a function for the Transformer stage. It is an error in the Parallel Job Developers Guide that this function is for the Modify stage. The correct function is handle_null() which you can read about in the Orchestrate Operators manual. This can be had for the asking (ask for "OEM manuals") from your support provider.

Syntax is handle_null(input_field, value) where value must be appropriate for the data type of the output field.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

tan1111 in private message wrote:Hi,
Please send me the exact syntax.
thanks,
Tanisha
I provided a precise manual reference. Why can you look it up there? I would be perfectly happy to read the manual for you, but only as a commercial arrangement. If you wish to proceed on this basis please revert with a purchase order or request for quotation.

Please also take some time to review this post about use of private message and private email facilities.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

tan1111 in private message wrote:Hi,
Please send me the exact syntax.
thanks,
Tanisha
I provided a precise manual reference. Why can't you look it up there? I would be perfectly happy to read the manual for you, but only as a commercial arrangement. If you wish to proceed on this basis please revert with a purchase order or request for quotation.

Please also take some time to review this post about use of private message and private email facilities.