Error opening file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cedua
Participant

Error opening file

Post by cedua »

Hi all there,

This time my problem is that I want to open a txt file located in a Windows server (shared folder, and open permissions).

I've tried typing in the path "\\My_server_name\file.txt" and "\\10.10.10.10\file.txt" (with real IP Address).

But I continue getting the DSD.SEQOpen Failed to open file.txt in directory //10.10.10.10/file.txt STATUS = -1 (please note the slashes....)

What can I do? Does the servers operating system counts? Do I have to ask for special permission? or smb in my UNIX server?

Actually I have to do a FTP so I can bring the file.txt to my UNIX server and I can read it, but I'd like to get rid off the FTP process.

Greetings,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's no way around needing that drive 'mounted' in some fashion so the UNIX system can see it, as far as I know - NFS, Samba (etc) is needed to read it directly from that share. Or just FTP it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
cedua
Participant

Post by cedua »

Thanks for you reply,

I'm actually accessing it by FTP. I just wanted to know if there's something wrong.

Thanks!