Information Server Manager for 8.1 client missing

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Information Server Manager for 8.1 client missing

Post by nigel »

Hi,

I've just upgraded my dev box from DataStage 8.0 (EE) to 8.1 (EE).

The much talked about Information Server Manager Client app is missing.

I checked the IBM\Information Server\Client\Classic directory and cannot find an app or exe.

My os is Win 2003 Server with SP2.

Has anybody else had this problem?
Nigel
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

You upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1. Obviously you must have run the installation wizard. Upgrade upgrades the existing components only. So once upgrade is done, run the install wizard again and you will be asked for new components to be installed.
Kandy

Post by cppwiz »

I can confirm the instructions that kandyshandy gave are correct. After running the client install.exe and rebooting, I needed to run the same install.exe program again to get the Information Server Manager.

You will see a list of "Installable products" when you run it the second time. The previously installed components will have a red check mark next to the name of the component. Add a green check mark next to the "Information Server Manager" component to install it as well as any other components that you didn't previously have like FastTrack.

<rant="on">What a really poor upgrade experience. Why couldn't this selection be part of the first upgrade process? Why make me run the same program twice just to perform the upgrade? F.IBM<rant="off">
sydphi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sydphi »

Did you guys get the InformationServer Manager to actually show your projects after adding a domain? I went through the same thing and now have the client option but no projects
:-(
nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nigel »

Thanks guys,

Running the install again worked fine.
Nigel
nigel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nigel »