Regarding Hash file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manojbh31
Premium Member
Premium Member

Regarding Hash file

Post by manojbh31 »

Hi,

I have job which creates hash file, when i run the job for the first time it will run with 8000 rows/sec but when i run the job second time the performance is very slow with 150 rows/sec, i have checked clear file, create file, and delete file in options tab.

I have re designed and also changed the file name but its not working,

Can anybody help me please

Thanks in advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Inserting into hashed files can get slower as the file grows. Are you certain that you delete and re-create the hashed file each run?
saikir
Participant

Post by saikir »

Hi,

Just Uncheck "Clear File" and observe. "Create File" option may degarde the performance at times.

Sai
saikir
Participant

Post by saikir »

Hi,

Sory for my previous post. Just select "Clear File" and observe. "Create File" option may degarde the performance at times

Sai
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

saikir - could you explain how the "Create File" can degrade performance, as I haven't observed that. Sometimes, with large hashed files, the CLEAR.FILE command can take a while; I've found that deleting and re-creating the file can be faster and also will take care of disk space used in the physical OVER.30 file (which doesn't ge "shrunk" on a CLEAR.FILE).
saikir
Participant

Post by saikir »

Hi,

I was narrating the experience we had when using the 6.x version of the server. We had observed a couple of bugs when you select the option "Creat File" and the performance use to degrade.

Sai
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've never seen any such thing.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
manojbh31
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Regarding Hash file

Post by manojbh31 »

Hi,

During first run i created the file and when i ran second time i removed delete file from options tab and also removed create file. But same problem i faced, When i saw the size of file in unix server after first run it was 2048, But i ran for second file size was blowing up. it was multiplying.
manojbh31
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Regarding Hash file

Post by manojbh31 »

Hi,

During first run i created the file and when i ran second time i removed delete file from options tab and also removed create file. But same problem i faced, When i saw the size of file in unix server after first run it was 2048, But i ran for second file size was blowing up. it was multiplying.