Inactivity Timeout broken

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jtsoong
Participant

Inactivity Timeout broken

Post by jtsoong »

Hi,

I've found that the "Inactivity Timeout" setting found in the Administrator client doesn't seem to work.

I've set mine to 10 minutes. If I don't touch the clients for 10 minutes sometimes they will have 'timed out', sometimes not.

In the situation where they have 'timed out', i get a pop up saying:

"Error calling subroutine *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=9); check DataStage is set up correctly in project MyProject
(The connection is broken(81002))"

This would be ok if it actually broke the client connection, the problem is that although this pop keeps popping up (its annoying), the client is still 100% usable (i.e. you can save things and delete things).

It is one of our requirements that the client ACTUALLY times out so as to require a new login (with password).

I was wondering if anyone else has come across this and if they found a solution for it?

Cheers

Jon
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Did you restart DataStage after making the timeout change? And the fact that you can still 'save and delete things' after that error must be new to 8.x as you sure can't in the 7.x version. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jtsoong
Participant

ya

Post by jtsoong »

Yes I tried restarting the server.

It's annoying because it *appears* that the connection is broken, but then you can still do work (albeit with annoying popups).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You should report this to your official support provider. I'm guessing you've lost the connection to the UniVerse repository but not the XMETA one? :?

I'd wager it really isn't "working working".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers